I would like to take this time to thank the people who have nominated me for blogging awards over the past months. It is nice to know that people are reading my blog, and I appreciate the acknowledgment.
Thanks to Bernice at Realistic Cooking Ideas for Busy People for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Bernice has a wonderful cooking blog with great recipes that are easy to make, and delicious. I have tried several of Bernice’s recipes and have really enjoyed them. Bernice also writes posts about hiking in New Hampshire with her husband, and shares wonderful photos of her travels.
Thanks to Monique at a reel chick for the Liebster Award nomination. Monique writes about food, animals, DIY, fashion, travel and, as she says on her ‘About Me’ page, “whatever else tickles my fancy on any given day.”
Thanks to Maxi at Scribbler Maxi’s Musings for the Reality Blog Award nomination. Maxi is a fellow writer who has published both fiction and non-fiction books. She blogs about her writing life, with musings that all writers can relate to. Maxi also has a craft blog at Love, Maxi where she shares her crafts, baking and gardening.
Thanks to Deborah at Container Chronicles for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Deborah is a fellow quilter and blogs about her quilting projects, as well as her life as a teacher in Taiwan.
My most recent nomination was from Lonnie at The Belmont Rooster, who nominated me for The Liebster Award. Lonnie has a great gardening blog. He writes about plants (of which he has an incredible knowledge) and about life on the farm, which is always entertaining.
I hope you check out all these great blogs.
Now, for The Liebster Award.
First, 5 things about me that you probably didn’t know:
My favourite colour is purple.
I am a Doctor Who fan.
I am a vegetarian.
I left school on the day I turned 15 and completed my education by correspondence.
I have worked as an office junior, a deli assistant, a fibre tester, a data entry operator, an apple picker, a cider bottler, a home help, a despatch worker, and an administration assistant.
These are my answers to Lonnie’s questions:
1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to promote my book, Scrappy Cupcake Angels, but my blog has become more about sharing the things I love and which inspire me to write - crafts, food, gardening, and books.
2) What do you like the most about blogging?
Being able to share and connect with others who have the same interests I do.
3) What inspires you to continue blogging?
Being a part of the blogging community, the encouraging comments, and discovering all the wonderful blogs out there.
4) What is your favorite time of the year?
Spring – when the garden is coming to life with blossom, butterflies, colourful bulbs, wisteria, baby birds…
When the days are warmer, but before it gets too hot.
When I can start planting my veggie garden.
5) What do you look for when deciding to follow a blog?
It would probably have to be a blog about crafts, gardening, cooking, writing, art journals, or books (or organics, owls, ghosts, or dogs…) Actually, it could be about anything! Some blogs just draw me into them and I want to read more!
6) When deciding to start a blog, what made you choose WordPress?
I read an article in Writing Magazine, which explained how to go about setting up a WordPress blog, and I thought I would have a go.
7) How important is it to you for other bloggers to make comments and “Like” your blog?
It is lovely to get feedback on posts and to know that people are actually reading them and liking them. Also, the comments and “Likes” help me to know which subjects people are more interested in.
8) How important is it to you to gain more followers?
It just makes me happy to know that anybody is reading my blog!
9) What do you hope other bloggers gain from your blog?
Ideas and inspiration.
10) Do you think these questions are dumb?
No. I hope you don’t think these answers are dumb!
Now, here are my nominees for The Liebster Award.
Artful Scrapbooking http://artfulscrapbooking.wordpress.com
The Cottonwood Tree http://thecottonwoodtree.wordpress.com
Sweet Mabel http://sweetmabelblog.wordpress.com
An Owl a Day Keeps Burnout Away…right? http://owladay.wordpress.com
And my questions for the nominees:
1) What was the most memorable thing that happened to you in 2013?
2) Who is your favourite author?
3) Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
4) Where was the best holiday you ever had?
5) What is your favourite food?
6) What country or place would you most like to visit?
7) What is your favourite movie?
8) What new craft/skill would you most like to learn?
9) Are you a cat lover, a dog lover, or both?
10) Who inspires you the most?
Here is a list of guidelines should you wish to accept and pass on the award.
1) Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Answer the questions about yourself that were provided by the blogger who nominated you.
4) Provide 5 facts about yourself.
5) Nominate at least 5 bloggers you would like to pass the award on to.
6) Create a list of 10 questions you want your nominees to answer.
7) List a set of rules similar to these on your blog.
8) Inform the bloggers that you have nominated them and profile a link to your post.
Most of all, have fun!